Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ocean State of Mind




In the time since my last update I've experienced a swift change in scenery. In July, I left my job and home in Manhattan to partake in a year long painting excursion with a shift of my home base to Providence, Rhode Island.

While I don't intend to paint scenic New England exclusively, it can be hard to resist. Here then are two recent paintings of my all time favorite spot in the Ocean State, Beavertail Lighthouse, located within the beautiful island setting of Jamestown, RI. Standing heroically at the top of it's jagged coastline since 1856, amidst the keeper's house, its light shines 24 hours a day.

1 comment:

SUZANNE LEWIS said...

Mike, these are beautiful. Good for you for taking the time to do what you love. Wonder who got the Fowler shack? I'm going to be out there end of Sept so at least I'll get a fix. Keep up the gorgeous watercolors.