Thursday, November 21, 2013

Honeycrisp

Honeycrisp

5" x 5" 

original watercolor on paper

Yesterday I wrote that painting an apple a day keeps the art blues away. I had had a frustrating day in the studio trying to plan a large painting.  I felt incapable of focusing on one idea, and overwhelmed by possibilities.  Too often this feeling leads to inactivity.

I took a break from planning this larger painting, picked up a small scrap of paper, and painted the Macoun apple on my counter.  I've been painting and drawing apples for years.  Each one is different and they're a great subject for watercolors because the texture of their skin is so shiny and reflective.  

So, for the next thirty days, I'm going to paint an apple a day.  Even bad days in the studio should be fruitful.  

SOLD

No comments: